Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup your favorite mustard
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons tamari
2 tablespoons honey
- Heat 2 inches of water in a pot.
- Wash artichoke, and cut about 1/2 inch off the top and bottom of the choke.
- Squeeze lemon juice all over artichoke and place in boiling water.
- Cover and boil 25 minutes, until leaves pull off easily.
- While the choke cooks, whisk together sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Remove choke and drain over sink.
- To eat, pull off a leaf, dip in sauce and pull meat off with your teeth.